(THIS IS ALL SUPPOSE TO BE ME WRITING THIS, YOU CAN MAKE UP ALL OF THESE BUT MAKE SURE THAT THE PRICES ARE RIGHT AT THE UNIVERSITY YOU CHOOSE. YOU CAN ALSO PUT IN ANY TYPE OF FINANCIAL AID YOU WANT AS LONG AS IT IS BELIEVABLE.
In this assignment you are asked to do a cost-benefit analysis on your choice to pursue a college education. You are to include what is has costs you, society, and your family so far and what it will cost you until you graduate. If you are planning to go go so far as an AA or a certificate program, calculate the costs up to that point. If you are planning to transfer and get a BA/BS calculate the total costs up to the point that you earn your BA/BS. You will be calculating the cost of your college education (your cost, society’s cost, and the total cost) and compare it to your anticipated salary when you graduate.
Your costs refers to the total amount of out-of-pocket money that you have and will pay for your college education (excluding grants, gifts, etc.). You should include the cost out-of-pocket costs for tuition, fees, books, transportation, and housing. Only include housing costs if you had to move to attend school. Make sure to include what you have paid and what you will pay at community colleges and 4-year universities in your analysis. If you are planning to go directly into a Masters or PhD, analyze those costs too.
Society’s costs refers to the costs society has paid for your education. The state & federal governments collect tax dollars and spends it on public services. One of the public services they spend on is college education. Each year the state gives state and community colleges a certain amount of the tax dollars to help off-set the costs of providing individuals with a college education. As the state gives colleges more, students pay less. As the state gives colleges less, students pay more. The state also uses the tax dollars to provide individuals support directly through grants. A Pell Grant is an example of this. The federal government also provides individuals with direct support through other types of grants and tax subsidies. Generally speaking, you can expect that you tuition represents only 60% of the total costs of educating you. The other 40% was paid for by the state/federal government. For example, if your tuition was $5000, the total cost of educating you was $8,333: $5,000 was your direct out-of-pocket costs and 3,333 was society’s cost. If you didn’t haven’t pay the $5000 because you received a grant, then the total $8,333 was society’s cost. If you took out a loan, the $5000 would still be your out-of-pocket cost.
The total costs represents the total paid by you and society.
Experts recommend that you don’t spend more than your starting salary on your education. For example, if the starting salary for School Counselor is $35,000. You should not spend more than $35,000 on your college education to become a School Counselor.
You are to conclude your assignment by answering the question “Did you make a wise consumer choice?”
The paper should be a minimum of 2 pages in length, 12 point font, Times New Roman, 1 inch spacing margins, and double spaced.
Rubric Total Points = 100 pts.
Accurately calculate the true cost of college education 25 pts.
Accurately assess your anticipated salary 30 pts: 10 pts. Printout of source20 pts. Accurately assess anticipated salary
Correctly answers the question if you made a wise consumer choice base do total costs = 35 pts
Follow instructions 10 pts.