Answer the two questions below:
1. Is it important to understand the connection between the status quo and Political Ecology to avoid mass tourism? Explain and provide an example.
2. Is it important to understand the connection between the co-production of knowledge and governance to avoid mass tourism? Explain and provide an example.
A) Pick one question to respond as a short answer in the following range: 200-250 words.
B) Pick one question to respond as a short essay in a range of words: 400-450 words.
You need to provide an explanation and example only for your choice for the 450 words essay.
A) Your short answer:
6 marks for the explanation (200-250 words). Do Not provide example only explanation.
The explanation has to be sound and related to the course content (susutainability of mass tourism and impacts on environment). About the explanation: A thorough and good explanation gets 6 marks; if it’s a bit too general/broad, from 5 to 4 marks; if it’s vague 3 to 2 marks; and if it’s slightly or not connected to the course 1 to 0 marks.
B) Your short essay answer (400-450 words): Explanation and Example.
You will structure the essay in three parts (400-450 words) (you need to show the word count, if not, 1.0 marks will be deducted):
1) Introduction (4 marks): You will explicitly state your answer to the question (do not be vague or general) by indicating the points or aspects that you will expand on the Body. In other words, you will lay out explicitly the organization of the essay.
2) Body (8 marks): This part should include the details for your answer and supporting material. Ensure that the Body follows the organization you explained in the Introduction, which will facilitate the essay flow and coherence. In addition, you must provide references for any ideas, arguments or wording from sources used with in-text citations (APA). Lecture slides do not count as references and please, do not use Wikipedia or encyclopedias. The only websites you can cite, if needed, are the YouTube mass tourism case studies and the Naranjo Chico website (using APA).
REMEMBER: Please paraphrase, do not copy or do a simple paraphrase of the text from the lecture slides, which could lead to a case of plagiarism.
3) Conclusion (3 marks): This is the part where you explicitly state the connections between all the points made in your essay. You will provide the most important and relevant points from your Body and summarize them here. Do not just repeat the same sentences.
4) Bibliography: List the sources cited in the text (APA). This part is not included in the word count. This part is not marked, but is just a requirement to avoid any risk of plagiarism. You can use the bibliography from the course (articles and book chapters).
*The word count includes all the text from parts 1) to 3), including in-text citations. You need to show the word count at the end of each answer.
+Use the attached sources. Be careful of plagiarism when paraphrasing the lecture. Do not in text cite the lectures, only include it in bibliography. In text cite all other sources. You are not allowed to cite websites. You can cite outside scholarly sources if needed.
Answer the two questions below: